We are quite partial to a Mexican meal in our household. Generally we gravitate towards nachos, tacos, enchiladas and / or burritos, and funnily enough we tend to only eat Mexican food in Summer, the reason behind that I think is because we eat it or serve it with a size of salad. So when the team at Farrah’s sent me some of their Midwinter Mexican Sizzling Fajita Spice Mix to try, I was excited.. Firstly because **confession** I haven’t tried Fajita’s before and secondly Mexican food in winter 🙂
Farrah’s Fajita Spice Mix is the newest member of the Farrah’s family. A spice mix that is inspired by true Mexican cuisine, and proudly made right here in New Zealand. I whipped this up for dinner on Sunday and it’s a meal the whole family can enjoy. The spice mix is mild enough in taste that even the kids will devour it. I served ours with some fresh salsa and sour cream with a dash of paprika.
- 1 packet Farrah's Burrito Tortillas
- 1 packet Farrah's Fajita Spice Mix
- 500 grams Chicken Breast
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Onion
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Slice capsicum, onion and chicken into thin strips
- Place chicken in a bag or bowl; coat with oil and Farrah's Fajita Spice Mix
- Heat a pan or griddle on medium heat until hot; then add chicken
- When chicken is nearly cooked, add vegetables and cook a further 2 minutes
- Warm Tortilla's in pan for 10 seconds and serve alongside Fajita mix
The lovely team at Farrah’s have given me a Midwinter Mexican Prize Pack to giveaway to one lucky ready so you too can get your Mexican on. To enter, simply comment below – Easy, Peasy! Pop on over to Facebook – like and comment for extra entries. Don’t forget to like Always Made With Love on Facebook too! Closes Friday 4th August, 8pm NZT. Terms and Conditions available here. Open to New Zealand residents only. Good luck!