I have always enjoyed trying new recipes especially those which have a list of ingredients as long as my arm, that take ages to create and the finished product is something out of a magazine.
But in actual fact what I love the most and what I have time for (as a Mum of one, with another on the way) is the old tide and true. The family favourites which have been written on scraps of paper, you know the ones with the writing slowly fading. This quick and easy coconut loaf is one of those recipes and is my all time favourite go to loaf, perfect for unexpected guests.
I have been whipping up and throwing together this one bowl, five ingredient and fuss free loaf for years. The longest, most time consuming part aside from actual cooking time is waiting for the oven to heat up.
It is perfect served warm straight from the oven (no waiting for this bad boy to cool) or if you so wish… cooled and eaten later. Plus, it freezes wonderfully so you can make two at a time, freezing one and enjoying the other. I love it served still warm with lashings of butter (I never said it was healthy).
Ill try for a ‘healthy’ recipe next time but for now why not make my quick and easy Coconut Loaf, then sit down and enjoy it with a cuppa
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Coconut
- 2 heaped teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients
- Make a well in the centre. Gradually pour in the milk, mixing to combine (you may find you need more or less at this point)
- Pour into a lined (well up the sides of easy removal) loaf tin. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes until golden
- Enjoy straight from the oven with lashings of butter (I never said it was healthy!)